Thursday, January 12, 2012

People's Choice Awards: Best Dressed

When I first started looking at the photos turning up from the People's Choice Awards 2012 red carpet, I was definitely surprised. It looked like the stars were dressing more for the MTV Movie and/or Music Awards than the People's Choice. Thankfully, some of the stars decided against the crazy ensembles trend. 


I have compiled a list of my best dressed, some of them, I must warn you, are really on the verge of not being on the list because I couldn't decide whether I loved it or hated it. Now, onto the attire! 


1. Elisha Cuthbert. I love this. The gold bodice is the perfect accent to this basic black dress. 
 Elisha Cuthbert and Matt Bomer also win my best dressed presenters award. 
 2. Emma Stone. Emma wore one of the only woman's pant suits and I applaud her for it. The shiny green fitted jacket is a perfect compliment to her once again red hair. I also like how the pants aren't totally boring, there are three buttons emphasizing the slits at her ankles. 
 3. Kaley Cuoco. I firmly believe that if you are hosting something, you have to look spectacular. I mean, everyone will be staring at your for the next 2 hours so you better look good. Kaley Cuoco pulled off her hosting fashion duties in strides. Her red carpet look is soft and sweet in this nude toned dress with flower embellishments. Had this dress been in white I'm pretty sure you could've found it on a bride but lucky for her, its nude and perfect.
 4. Miley Cyrus. Wow has Miley grown up. We've seen her go through some crazy transformations through the years, including dancing on a stripper pole on live TV, but that's neither here nor there. She has now become a well groomed woman and fashionista. Even with the deep sheer V neck on this dress, it does not cross over into trashy (which it could easily have done depending on the wearer). The ivory color looks great against her lightly tanned skin and her toned down makeup and hair, letting her natural beauty shine through. 
 Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth. Best Dressed Couple? I think so. 
 5. Kaley Cuoco. Give her white gloves, black sunglasses, and a cigarette holder and you could easily confuse her with Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. It's simple, chic, and sophisticated. I simply had to give her another spot on the best dressed list, this was just too lovely. 
 6. Jennifer Morrison. This is a tad on the wild side but I still really liked it. Granted, it could've done with shorter tassels at the bottom but it's still an impressive work of fashion excellence. Having an up-do was the perfect choice to show off the decorated collar. 

 7. Chloe Moretz. For her age, this is a brilliant choice. The turquoise green color keeps the dress young and playful. 
 8. Kristen Bell. A red leather skirt and my first thought was... what? But paired with the sheer lace matching top, it somehow works. I love the casual and hassle free look to her hair and makeup because it doesn't try to compete with her ensemble. 
 9. Cobie Smulders. For Cobie this was an interesting choice. I liked the grecian quality of this look with the thick gold necklace and structured dress. It's also a beautiful color with her dark hair. 
 10. Demi Lovato. It looks like Demi's close friendship with Kim Kardashian is rubbing off. Her dress looks like something taken straight out of Kim's closet. Even still, this dress is gorgeous. Demi looks healthy and happy in the peach softly ruched dress with an elaborate eye grabbing beaded torso. 
 11. Kelly Osbourne. This is one of those dresses that I couldn't decide whether i liked it or not. I've tried to think, if the seamed ribbon down the front wasn't there, would I like it more? It's a tough call to make because the ribbon actually adds length to her small frame, making her more statuesque. In the end this dress has grown on me and I'm sure it will grow on you. 
Source 1
Source 2

No comments:

Post a Comment