Friday, January 13, 2012

Critic's Choice Awards: Best Dressed

The Critics Choice Awards was a star studded event with the best acting chops Hollywood had to offer for 2011.  I was so glad Viola Davis won for Best Actress for her role in The Help. It was an incredible film, and if you haven't seen it, I suggest you do yourself a favor and watch it. 


I also had a mini geek moment when I saw Dawson's Creek alums Michelle Williams and Busy Phillipps sitting together. I love when actors remain friends years after being on some of our favorite tv shows. 
The following is my best dressed list. What did you think about what everyone wore? 


Viola Davis. Is this dress not spectacular? With a loose top and fitted skirt, this blood orange dress perfectly accentuates her toned physique. 
 Michelle Williams. Always the face of elegance, Michelle does it again in this two toned black and white Chanel ensemble. It was a revamped ode to the 40s with a v-neck with bold black shoulders and tulip hemmed overlay . 
 Evan Rachel Wood. Evan is a huge fan of wearing black. As she is blonde currently, the black prevents her from looking washed out. Being a blonde with fair skin myself, I can relate. I really do love the simplicity of this dress, it also gave her a chance to do an intricate hairstyle.
 Shailene Woodley. I swear Shailene came out of nowhere with this show stopper. Like many other girls, I wish a designer could loosely drape some fabric around my body and I would look this good. Kudos Shailene. Perfect color, perfect fit, perfect neckline, just perfection in general. 
 Kirsten Dodds. One for eccentric and odd clothing choices, Kirsten toned it down with this simple black dress with ribbon detailing and a cinched waist. The tulle layering adds some well needed texture and the pop of pink lips is just enough color. 
 Diane Kruger. The design of this dress is outstanding. I can't say that I'm wholly in love with the gray coloring, I think it would have been better had it been white. Saying that, its always hard to critique any dress on Diane Kruger because clothes love her. Her body looks incredible in just about anything, throw a garbage bag on her and I'd probably still love it. Her makeup and hair add a casual and fun quality to the look. 
 Emma Stone. As with many redheads (even bottle gingers like Emma) they find that green is a great contrast to their vibrant hair color. This dress has such a nice print and Emma chose wisely in using a belt to cinch her waist. Otherwise she would have been lost in both the print and billowing fabric. 
 Busy Phillipps. This dress is pink. VERY pink. And it takes a lot of guts to wear a dress this fluorescent. I think Busy pulled it off great. Her makeup was soft and barely there, using only a bold pink lip to tie the whole look together. 
 Octavia Spencer. This is a beautiful dress. I love the tulip draping for the hem and the sequined embellishment at the waist, adding the right amount of glitz. She really looks amazing, as she should, because she won alongside her The Help co-stars for Best Acting Ensemble. 
 Chloe Moretz. This girl is definitely growing up to be a fashionista. This dress exemplifies fashion's version of cool. There is a lot going on in this look so Chloe opted for soft makeup and a simple down hairstyle. She will be one to watch in the fashion world as she continues to grow and discover her own style. 
 Source 1
Source 2

1 comment:

  1. me encanta siempre diane kruger! un besazo! te espero en mi blog! pasate!

    www.shoesandbasics.com

    ReplyDelete