Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Breaking Dawn L.A. Premiere

All your favorite Twilight actors were in attendance at the Los Angeles premiere for Breaking Dawn, the latest installment in the Twilight Saga. There was some fantastic fashions and some very questionable fashions. I've highlighted these looks. 
 Robert Pattinson. Rob went simple in a gray suit, this was a far cry from the burgundy suit he wore to last years Eclipse premiere. 
 Kristen Stewart wore J. Mendel. I love this dress and the geometric patterns, but I wish the inner lining was black. The white lining washes out her legs too much.  
 Taylor Lautner looks extremely stylish in a fitted blue suit, purple tie and brown leather shoes. I definitely approve.
 Ashley Greene wore Donna Karen. I think this dress is alright... it is a really lovely color and shape, but the red that swirls around the dress looks more like streamers. I wish the red streamer like waves hadn't been created. 
 Elizabeth Reaser wore a vintage dress. I really love this look. Her hair and makeup is soft and sweet, allowing the dress to stand on its own. The dress is perfect for her, it fits her body extremely well and the plum color goes well with her natural coloring. 
 Kellan Lutz wears all black. I think this look is pretty fantastic for being all one color. Kellan did a good job with layering and using different textures like the silk tie to make it more visually appealing. 
 Nikki Reed wore Marchesa. I was wondering why I was in love with this dress, and then I found out it was designed by Marchesa. This dress is a nice updated version of a greek goddess dress. I also like the fact that you don't often see pale green on a carpet and Nikki was brave enough to wear it. This is my favorite dress of the evening. 
 Jackson Rathbone. Granted, this series is about vampires but heading down the Dracula route in a crushed red velvet suit was a bad idea. I know Jackson has his own sense of style, sort of in the same genre as Johnny Depp, but this is taking it a little too far. He looks sort of tacky. 
 Peter Facinelli. This gets my best dressed award for the night. I am really obsessed with how great he looks. It is color coordinated without being too matchy matchy, which makes it perfect. The navy suit with silk lapels fits well, and the polka dotted light blue scarf brings out the blue in his eyes. To top it off he wore a simple white button down. Kudos Peter. 
 Billy Burke. I'm not quite sure how to feel about this look. It's sort of all over the place. I think it could be tailored better, and the pants photograph too light. If he had worn a pair of black slacks I think it could have saved this look. 
 Stephenie Meyer. I think this is a really good dress choice for Stephenie. It fits well, it has a nice pattern and I'm always a sucker for ribbon tied cinched waists. 
Source 1
Source 2

No comments:

Post a Comment