Without further adieu I give you my Top Ten best dressed at the Academy Awards.
1. Mila Kunis in Elie Saab. This dress is absolutely perfect; the color, the draping of the lace and tulle, the sheer quality to the dress.
2. Camila Alves in Kaufman Franco. For someone who wasn't even nominated, this dress was a knockout. For a black dress, it is so well done. Well cut, well tailored. It's so simple but exudes elegance.
3. Jennifer Lawrence in Francisco Costa for Calvin Klein. She does look a little like baywatch meets Stephanie Pratt in this dress but its fantastic. Her body looks incredible. She also wins my most improved since the SAG awards where she wore a bright pink mess.
4. Scarlett Johansson in Dolce & Gabbana. I love love love this look. Being pale myself, I understand the trouble with finding the right color to wear. Scarlett aced it with this plum colored D&G gown. I must admit that I also love the loose hair and dark makeup, it suits her personality.
5. Hailee Steinfeld in Marchesa. For such a young up and comer, Hailee has made great choices for fashion this award season. She even designed this gown with the Marchesa duo Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig. It really doesn't get better than that.
6. Natalie Portman in Rodarte. I love that Natalie wore Rodarte, as she is friends with them but they also designed the costumes for Black Swan. This was a nice nod to the designers and her film. The draping is really effortless over her growing baby belly.
7. Michelle Williams in Chanel. Michelle is so graceful and elegant, you can tell just by the way she holds herself. She reminds me of Grace Kelly in this way. She is a perfect person to showcase Chanel at the Oscars. This gown is so detailed and sophisticated. The pearl color doesn't wash her out but actually adds to her pale skin and ultra blond locks.
8. Halle Berry in Marchesa. Thankfully Halle chose to wear clothing to this Awards show. If you haven't been able to tell so far through my blog, I am a huge fan of Marchesa. You can't beat their designs. The dresses are real artwork and they really have to be appreciated as such. I love this nude color on Halle, it adds to her beauty.
9. Sandra Bullock in Vera Wang. Sandra brought all the stops out last year in her Marchesa gown. This year she chose a more toned down dress in terms of design but not in color. This was a great dress to wear because she looked like a returning winner, without stealing the spotlight of those nominated that night.
10. Cate Blanchett in Givenchy Couture. This is another dress that is an art piece. Because this dress is so structured, Cate Blanchett is a great person to wear it. She has wide shoulders and a slim figure which highlights the best features of the dress.
Honorable Mentions in no particular order:
Best Dressed Men in no particular order:
Robert Downey Jr.